Winter is back!!! Reijo has sent Tom out to groom and 5K of beautifully groomed trail, both classic & skate, are open.
Home Page Summary (details below)
- Coach's Notes Spring 2017
- Spring and Summer Programs
- 2017-2018 Club & Program Registration
- Raffle and Award Winners
- Ski Nationals 2018 Announcement
- Volunteer Engagement
- Racers' Blogs
- Lappe's Race Team
- Volunteer Opportunities
Coach's Notes Spring 2017
Kevin's Spring Coach's Notes are an interesting recap of this past season and a look at what's ahead.
Spring and Summer Programs
2017-2018 Club & Program Registration
Lappe's Club and Program Registration for 2017- 2018 is now available at www.zone4.ca. Past online registrations required Zone4 fees and vendor credit card fees to be added on at the end of the registration transactions. In the interest of simplicity and transparency, Lappe has adjusted its club and program fees so the Zone4 and credit card fees are included in the advertised club and program fees. HST on program fees (club membership fees are exempt) are still added on at the end of each registration transaction.
Register online at www.zone4.ca. Once at the Zone4 website, type LAPPE in the search box at the top to see all of Lappe's current registrations.
Raffle and Award Winners
It's all done! The Run & Ski windup was a great success thanks to the many volunteers and some help from Mother Nature - she let the temperature drop below zero Friday night so we didn't have a "slush cup" event.
In addition to a fun race event, we had the pleasure to honour a number of members with Club and other awards and draw the names of the lucky winners of the Lappe Club Raffle.
First, here are the Raffle winners:
- Kathryn Goth won the $1400 paddle board and paddle.
- Brian Berry, winner of the Fresh Air $1000 gift certiciate, donated it back to the Club - what a class act!
- Gail Marion won the $500 cash third place prize.
And here are our award winners:
- Harold Harkonen - Die Hard Award
- Evan-Palmer Charrette - Larry Bilyk Award
- Hannah Shields - Leila Metsaranta Women on Skis Award
- Max Hollman & Hannah Shields - Junior Leadership Awards
- Hannah Shields - Most Improved Junior Skier Award
- Angus Reid - Most Improved Senior/Masters Award
Ski Nationals 2018 Announcement
The Canadian Ski Nationals will be held at Lappe Nordic Ski Centre once again. Lakehead Superior Nordic Association (LSNA), a joint venture between Lappe and Big Thunder Ski Clubs will host the event March 10 - 17. Cross Country Canada's (CCC) announcement can be found here. More detail can be found in the official press release.
You can get a jump on registering to be a volunteer at this exciting National event by registering right now on Zone4. Check out the PDF Volunteer Descriptions or contact the 2018 Ski Nationals Volunteer Coordinator for more information.
JOIN LAPPE'S RACE TEAM!
Be part of the team!
Individualized and group training plans, one-on-one instructions and great team spirit. Check out our programs section for more information or...
Lappe Nordic Ski Club is a "club", not a business, that operates primarily through the efforts of its members who volunteer time and effort. This allows the club to operate its many excellent programs with very low fees for its member participants. To ensure this continues, the Lappe Board has introduced a formal Volunteer Engagement plan. This plan details volunteer opportunities as well as exemptions for new members and members in the younger Jackrabbit programs.
Are you ready to join a dynamic group of volunteers? Read on....
The operation of the Lappe Nordic Ski Club and the programs and services we provide depend upon the volunteer efforts of our members. With the exception of one paid coach, the ski club is run entirely by the efforts of tireless volunteers. Volunteering for our club is a great way to learn new skills, meet new people and have fun!
You can help by volunteering in different ways:
- At ski club sporting events and fundraising activities that provide direct financial support to keep program, camp and race travel fees as low as possible.
- As a Program Coordinator.
- As a Volunteer Coach / Assistant Coach.
- As a Board Member
Here are a list of the key positions that need to be filled, in addition to those mentioned above.
- Events Coordinator
- Chief of Timing Apprentice
- Chief of Competition Apprentice
- Chief of Course Apprentice
- Chief of Stadium Apprentice
- Fundraising Coordinator
- Race Program: Assistant coaches, team manager, wax/ski service technicians